Historic building restoration including brick façade, stained-glass windows and slate mansard roof.
This four story Neo-French-Renaissance landmarked chapel in the Upper West Side Historic District has been servicing the Jewish community in the neighborhood since it opened for operation in the late 1920’s. It has undergone both exterior and interior renovations over the course of its history with the latest in the mid 1990’s and Henson Architecture has been retained to conduct a thorough inspection of the building’s roofs, windows, appurtenances and façades to develop repair recommendations and determine the restoration scope.
The building is currently in need of some repairs to fix various exterior masonry conditions, replace missing and deteriorated portions of the slate mansard roof, restore the roof parapet, reconstruct the sidewalk metal awnings, and repair three historical stained-glass windows located in the Chapel Mezzanine.
December 4, 2019