Historic building restoration including limestone and terra cotta details and copper mansard roof.
C.P.H. Gilbert, a society architect best known for his work on townhouses and mansions in the Gilded Age, designed this eleven-story office building in 1906.
The building was referred to as the Knabe Building after its longtime tenant the Knabe Piano Company.
Henson directed the exterior restoration of the building which included repairs to the terra cotta façade elements, reconstruction of deteriorated brick, copper mansard roof repairs, storefront restoration, sidewalk replacement and structural vault repairs, and the construction of a new roof deck.
November 5, 2019