Historic building restoration including limestone details and copper mansard roof.
C.P.H. Gilbert, a society architect best known for his work on townhouses and mansions in the Gilded Age, designed this eleven-story office building in 1904.
The building was referred to as the Knabe Building after its longtime tenant the Knabe Piano Company.
Henson directed the exterior restoration of the building which included repairs to the terracotta facade elements, reconstruction of deteriorated brick, copper mansard roof repairs, storefront restoration, sidewalk replacement and structural vault repairs. We are currently working on the design of a new roof deck.
November 5, 2019