|Address:||10 East 40th Street, New York, New York|
The Mercantile Building is an art deco skyscraper designed by the New York architectural firm of Ludlow and Peabody.
When it was completed in 1929 the 48-story tower was the fourth tallest building in the world. The building’s original owner was Frederick William Vanderbilt.
SHA directed a full exterior restoration program which included terra cotta repairs, the restoration of the copper mansard roof, the installation of a new roof membrane, masonry repairs, and a window replacement program.